It’s Mother’s Day and I am remembering my mom and thinking about all the many mom’s I love – sister, DIL, SILs, and many friends – Happy Mother’s Day to you all!
One of the things that I know for a fact, is that Mom’s are very busy people. Most Mom’s are tirelessly trying to do the right thing for their family all the time. Just as the members of our CSA are doing by feeding their family the freshest, healthiest organic food possible.
Yellow Stonehouse Farm tries to do our part to support Mom’s and families. We do this by offering different membership options and pick-up days, and then match that with flexibility to make reasonable changes for vacations and conflicts.
Types of memberships – there are three types of memberships, sized to accommodate different size families and budgets, which all INCLUDE weekly Pick-Your-Own (PYO) vegetables and flowers (2 bouquets during high season), recipes and herbs:
- The Every-Week Full CSA farm-share begins in June and lasts through October. It is the traditional weekly pick-up of freshly picked vegetables and farm fruits, sized to feed a family of four. This option is $650 for a season of USDA certified organic vegetables plus weekly PYO privileges.
- The Every-Other Week Full CSA farm-share begins in June and lasts through October. Members pick-up of freshly picked vegetables and farm fruits every other week, each share sized to feed a family of four. The EOW share is perfect for singles, couples, or families with one child and works because the vegetables are so fresh they last the two weeks. The PYO option enables EOW members to pick vegetables every week so they can augment their share if desired. This share also cuts the number of trips to pick-up at the farm in half, saving time and money. This option is $450 for the season for USDA certified organic vegetables plus weekly PYO privileges.
- The Sharing-a-Share option is available for both the Every-Week CSA farm share and the EOW CSA farm share. There is a small upcharge to share, as we increase the quantities of some vegetables to allow the easy splitting up of the veggies. For example, if we are giving out a single cabbage or watermelon, an item not easily split, we will round up the number to two, so that both sharers get an entire cabbage without having to divide or cut the vegetable in half. Like-wise, if we are giving out three tomatoes, we will round up the number to four, making sure that each sharer gets two.
The up-charge for Sharing the Every-Week farm share is $110.00, making the CSA cost for each sharer $380.00. The up-charge for the EOW share is $55.00, making the CSA cost for each sharer $252.50.
Many larger families and groups – those with 3-5 children or group homes – will also buy an augmented share to increase the quantity of produce in their share.
Pick-up Days and flexibility – There are four different pick-up days to allow members to pick the day that works best for them:
- Weekdays Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:00 – 6:30 pm. These weekday timeslots work for pick-up’s after soccer or gymnastics or before t-ball, softball or baseball practice; it also works for the parent on their way home after work. And don’t worry, if something comes up or you have a conflict, you can send us an email – hopefully 24 hours in advance – to let us know you need to reschedule to another day.
- Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. This weekend timeslot is often used by families who are coming to the farm as an excursion, picking vegetables, visiting with the farmers, or walking their dogs around the perimeter of the fields on deer patrol. And if you can’t make it that day, are going on vacation for a week and want to pick up your vegetables early to take along with you, we will be happy to accommodate you – hopefully with 24 hour notice.
- Pick-Your-Own days and times are Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 am to 6:30 pm.
Payment Plan – YSF farm has a three payment plan to make the CSA farm share more affordable.
Yellow Stonehouse Farm wants to be your organic community vegetable farm – and we believe that providing customers with flexibility and convenience is one way to make it easier and more enjoyable to join. Hopefully, one of these options will work for you.
Due to the increased number of new members that have signed up for the 2018 season, we have modestly increased the number of shares available. Therefore, we now have a few more 2018 CSA farm-shares available for sign-up. CSA pick-ups are Wed., Thur., and Fri. from 3 – 6:30 pm and Saturdays from 9 am – 1:00 pm – so sign up soon. We are having our annual Open Farm Day on Saturday May 19th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and you are all invited. Please sign-up at the event listing on our Facebook Page or for more information email us at email@example.com.