Yellow Stonehouse Farm is Westfield’s only USDA Certified Organic CSA, providing locally grown organic produce for distribution to area residents from all over the pioneer valley – Springfield, West Springfield, the Hill Towns, Southampton, and even northern CT. Members come to the farm to pick up freshly picked vegetables from the open style market and visit the Pick-Your-Own garden on the day of their choice (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday).
The 6 main reasons to join the Yellow Stonehouse Farm CSA runs the gamut from health & nutrition, knowing where your food comes from, cost savings versus the grocery store, quality customer service, opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of vegetables, and helping to sustain local farming in Westfield area.
- Providing Health & Nutrition is perhaps the most important reason Yellow Stonehouse Farm is a USDA Certified Organic Farm. This means we grow all of our vegetables following USDA defined organic practices, which do not allow the use of chemical fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides. We believe that produce grown organically and then picked locally at its prime and then made available to our share holders on the same day ensures a freshness that provides greater nutritional value than conventional produce, which looses most nutrients in transport.
- Enjoy cost savings by joining the CSA (buying directly from the farm) and bypass the middleman. For less than $33 a week you will receive a generous share of what the farm grows. Your family will be the beneficiary of all the healthy fresh vegetables, plus they get to enjoy many different types of vegetables not normally available.
- Quality customer service helps to make your CSA experience enjoyable. Our staff rinses the vegetables and places them on display, so shareholders can select the produce they want to take home to their kitchen. We impress on our staff that CSA stands for many things, but we especially want it to stand for good Customer Service Always.
- Access to the diverse varieties of USDA certified organically produce cultivated by Yellow Stonehouse Farm is a key benefit of membership. The wide variety of vegetables ranging from Thai peppers, Golden Husk Cherries, Silver Cucumbers, Ginger, Sun-chokes, Turmeric and Garlic allow members to experiment with recipes and obtain the health benefits of a diverse diet. Shareholders are also provided weekly helpful recipes using produce being distributed that week.
- Sustainability is the main thrust of the Farms actions, which is to establish a local legacy of farming in Westfield and Southampton culminating in the Preservation of Yellow Stonehouse Farm and all of its many unique aspects including all the wildlife, and fauna in the Manhan river valley. The primary mission of farm owners Connie and John is to develop a successful CSA that is carried forward by a farm family in the future.
Joining Yellow Stonehouse Farm CSA will reward you with locally grown, USDA Certified Organic produce for you and your family, along with the opportunity to see farming and nature coexisting, while supporting organic farming in Westfield.